Saturday, August 25, 2012

Polka Dot Peplum

Today's outfit is showing off my new Asos Curve purchase- a polka dot peplum top. It's a thick cotton fabric, hugs my top nicely. The polka dots are a little strange- they seem painted on and are a bit rough to the touch. I would prefer if they were printed on or flocked. This is my first venture into the peplum trend- I like the shape it creates. I'm looking for a pencil skirt to try out with it. 


The weather was cool enough to need a cardigan but I didn't want spoil the line of the top. So thanks to Lilli from Frocks and Frou Frou who shared her tip with me- button the cardigan together at the back. It holds the cardigan on, but bares the line of the top. Great idea Lilli. All I did was button the last button together.


I'm wearing my stripey socks from Sock Dreams. These extraordinary long thigh highs do go over my knee but they don't stay there! To try and combat the rolling down effect I trialed some sock garters.


Unfortunately while they slow the rolling down process they don't stop it, and are pretty uncomfortable to wear. Next I'm going to try a garter belt and see if that helps.


One of my favourite necklaces is this unicorn one- from my local shop Catfight Collections. They have an online shop so go have a look if you're into pin-up/ rockabilly stuff. They have loads of cute hair bows and shoes too.


Once again my Etsy TARDIS earrings make an appearance.


Outfit Details

Peplum Top: Asos Curve (24)
Skirt: Autograph (22)
Cardigan: Thrifted
Socks and garter: Sock Dreams
Necklace: Catfight Collections
Earrings: Etsy
Shoes: Big W (10)

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Jeanie! I've got a black pencil skirt coming from Asos, haven't come across a navy one, but yeah that would go perfectly. I'm tempted to try it out with trousers too- just so I have a few more outfit options. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TARDIS EARRINGS! I WANT TARDIS EARRINGS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go!
      http://www.etsy.com/shop/Murals4U?ref=seller_info

      They're mad cheap. :-)

      Delete
  3. I'm old enough to remember the peplum last time it was fashionable! I love it though, it's a shape that I feel really comfortable in and is femme and fun. BTW, love those socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really hoping I can get them to stay up so I can wear them more often. This is my first time trying out the peplum shape and I love it. This particular top though, not good quality. I'm finding it's rubbing and pilling and I haven't even washed it yet. Argh.

      Delete
  4. TARDIS earrings! That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your top, and that little unicorn necklace!
    http://cherizangelandstyleluvin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete